This 3,5 hour Athens cycling tour aims at discovering the hidden beauties of Athens, its ancient and modern history and the diversity of the Athenian social and economic everyday life.
We will cycle past historic and archaeological sites, picturesque, old neighborhoods, the heart of the shopping center, but also traditional Athenian parks suitable for walking and recreation.
On your route, you will discover the pulse of the modern city, from the busy shopping streets with designer shop windows to small shops selling second-hand goods and from the contemporary catering shops to gourmet cafés.
Distance: 18.1 km
Duration: 3,5 hours
- Morning transfer to the tour meeting point (Thission square)
- Visit the Hill of the Muses & the Hill of the Nymphs (Pnyx, Monument of Philopappos, and the Prison of Socrates)
- Cycle by the Acropolis and visit Areopagus Hill
- Cycle through the traditional district of Plaka
- Visit to the National Garden
- Visit to the Lyceum of Aristotle
- Visit to Arditos Hill & the Panathenaic Stadium
- Cycle past the Monument of Lysicrates, crossing the traditional district of Plaka
- Cycling by Hadrian’s Library, the Temple of Hephaestus and the Temple of Apollo
- Cross the district of Psyri
- Cycle past the archaeological site of Keramikos
- Ride to Dionysiou Areopagitou Str. and the new Museum of the Acropolis
- 13:00 arrival at Thission train station or the meeting point you prefer
- End of excursion, return transfer
- Transportation with pick up / drop off from / to your hotel
- Qualified leader – First-Aid certified